Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ph.D. "Candidate"

Whoo-hoo, it's time to Ce-Luh-Brate!!

I have received official word that I passed my comprehensive exams!

That means I'm A * B * D , baby!

(That's "all but dissertation" for those of you who haven't endured the torture.)

A big shout-out to to all of you who:
  • kindly asked how the studying was going
  • were extra special nice to me during November and December
  • helped Deb out with managing the kids and household while I was "in seclusion"
  • put up with mood swings from despair to elation, etc.
  • lent me obscure theology books or assured me that the one I was looking for wasn't that important anyway
I'll now be engaged in a week's worth of celebration -- said celebration consisting mostly of crossing household-chore-type items off to-d0 lists that have accumulated since 2004. Anyone wanna come over for a seriously fun "replace the utility sink" party?

5 comments:

bethany said...

it didn't register with me when you introduced yourself as a "candidate" that it meant all your comps were finished and passed. Congrats!

capnwatsisname said...

Congratulations! Whew. Have a great week of celebrating.

Dave

Rachel said...

Thanks for defining ABD. I thought maybe those were your grades... :)

Phil Smith said...

You finished with your comps
They're finally done
You go Ron Ron Ron, you go Ron Ron
Take some time with wife and kids
and have some fun
You go Ron Ron Ron, you go Ron Ron

Yeah, you're ABD
Soon, a Ph.D.

OK, that's all I've got. Congrats.
Phil

Mr. Bingley said...

Congrats Ron!