Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Home Chaotic Home

We have landed. It's good to be back in Michigan, but we are still in the throes of chaos after several days and it's wearing on all of us. Even after moving six times in three years, I am still amazed by the sheer amount of work it takes to put together a household. And the emotional ups and downs of moving, for all of us.

Small problems seem overwhelming: the air conditioning blew out yesterday, we do not at present have a dining room table or chairs, Miriam found bugs in her hair, and our perpetual question: in which d*** box will I find the [fill in urgently needed item here]??

People ask, "So are you settled in yet?" Uh... never mind.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Miriam found bugs in her hair?!What's going ON in that house???

Hang in there.

BTW, I found that while I was in CO a mouse made a nest--a retirement home actually--in my sock drawer at the cottage. Scared the *%&^ out of me. I slept at Dershem's last night--showing that I too am overwhelmed right now by small (yet totally gross) problems...