Thursday, October 13, 2005

Threshhold of Oblivion

While stuck in LA traffic this weekend on the way back from our camping trip, we were playing one of those guessing games designed to keep everyone from killing each other in the car. The game is called "I'm thinking of something" and it involves asking yes-or-no questions of one player, who must have a person, place, or thing in mind.

We had discovered through our questions that Philip was thinking of a person, and the rest of us were trying to figure out how old this person was.

"Is the person older than 40?" we asked. "Uh... " Philip hesitated, "I have no idea. I only know, like, five people that old."

So apparently in his six-year-old mind, 40 is the threshold of oblivion. Once you're 40, fine distinctions cease to matter. You're just oooooollllllllld, baby -- and fading fast.

1 comment:

Bob K said...

It's nice to know that, not only amy I oblivious but I have been for quite some time.